Purpose: The purpose of this document is to provide guidance for the use of the San Diego-Imperial Council boat Astra in accordance with San Diego County. This Addendum must accompany the Safe Reopening Protocol posted at San Diego-Imperial Council and onboard Astra.
Measures to Protect Guest Health (Mandatory)
- The person in charge will be required to log all persons aboard for purposes of contact tracing during the incubation period. This list with phone number will be turned into the council office upon completion of use.
- The person in charge will confirm that each person aboard has shown no signs of illness and does not live with or had contact with any person who has had signs of illness for at least 14 days. Signs of illness can include but are not limited to: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea.
- Temperature check will be conducted for everyone before they board the boat. Those with a temperature will not be allowed to board and logged.
- Each person will bring with them a face covering. Those without face coverings will not be allowed on board.
- Face coverings will be required for everyone on the boat and must be worn properly when within 6’ of another person not in the same household.
Measures to Prevent Crowds from Gathering
- No land-based social event or gathering associated with boating.
- Participants will be dropped off in the parking lot. Transportation should not leave until participant has been medically cleared. Only the participants will be allowed on the dock.
- When rafted together, persons transiting across boats or on someone else’s boat will wear face covering when 6’ of separation cannot be achieved.
Measures to Keep People at Least Six Feet Apart
- Limit number of persons on board to no more than eight people to allow a 6-foot separation between non-household persons unless face coverings are worn.
Measures to Prevent Unnecessary Contact
- If at all possible, only one person at a time will be in interior areas.
- Face coverings will be utilized in interior areas where more than one person is present.
Measures to Increase and Ensure Hygiene and Sanitation
- The person in charge of the boat shall be responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the boat prior to allowing persons on board and after use.
- Hand washing facilities and/or hand sanitizer effective against COVID-19 will be made available to all persons on the boat, to include requiring hand sanitizing before boarding.
- Disinfecting sprays or wipes that are effective against COVID-19 will be used to sanitize equipment and frequently touched surfaces.