The San Diego – Imperial Council Sea Scout Committee is now accepting nominations for the position of Council Boatswain.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a current registered Sea Scout during the complete term of office.
- Be recommended and approved by his or her skipper.
- Be either a current or past Ship’s Boatswain; a current member of a Ship quarterdeck.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Youth liaison to the Council Sea Scout Committee.
- Promoter of training and advancement for youth.
- Attend occasional Council Sea Scout-related meetings as requested/schedule allows.
- Council Sea Scout Boatswain will serve from the date of appointment until July 31st of the following year.
Resume to include:
- Experience as Ship’s Boatswain; or as a member of the ship quarterdeck; or as an officer of the Council Venturing Officer’s Association. Include positions held and dates of service.
- Honors, leadership positions, awards, and training from church, Scouting, and other organizations.
- School awards, clubs, sports, and leadership positions.
- A brief statement that may include why you believe you are qualified to be the Council Sea Scout Boatswain and what you would hope to accomplish.
Send nomination form and resume to: Council Commodore; email listed on the form.