The San Diego – Imperial Council Sea Scout Committee is now accepting nominations for the position of Council Boatswain. Applications are Due July 14, 2018.
Requirements for Appointment:
- Be a current registered Sea Scout during the complete term of office.
- Be recommended and approved by his or her skipper.
- Be either a current or past Ship’s Boatswain; a current member of a Ship quarterdeck; or a current or past officer of the Council Venturing Officer’s Association (VOA).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sea Scout Representative to the Council Venturing Officers’ Association.
- Youth liaison to the Council Sea Scout Committee.
- Promoter of training and advancement for youth.
- Attend occasional Council Sea Scout-related meetings as requested/schedule allows.
- Council Sea Scout Boatswain will serve from the date of appointment until July 31st of the following year.
Resume to include:
- Experience as Ship’s Boatswain; or as a member of the ship quarterdeck; or as an officer of the Council Venturing Officer’s Association. Include positions held and dates of service.
- Honors, leadership positions, awards, and training from church, Scouting, and other organizations.
- School awards, clubs, sports, and leadership positions.
- A brief statement that may include why you believe you are qualified to be the Council Sea Scout Boatswain and what you would hope to accomplish.
Send nomination form and resume to: Council Commodore Charles D. Wurster; email listed on the form.